XL Engine are working on behalf of a Global Digital Agency to support them finding a Technology Director to enable them to grow both the Development and Consultancy arm of the business to support Grow their Technology offering.
As our Technology Director, you will have a background of consulting on technology and Digital transformations at the Enterprise level. We’re looking for our Technology Director to come with a blend of Business and Technology consulting as you will be leading the end to end consultancy for Enterprise projects from Audit, Consulting, Technical Assessment through to Future Needs and Roundup.
The Technology Director will report to and work closely with the Managing Director to work out what services are best placed for the client and bring the requirements back to the business. This area focusses on delivering a full suite of Digital, Web, Mobile, CMS and Marketing services to Enterprise clients. Working with the Managing Director and other Heads of Department, the Technology Director will be taking the lead on any consultancy projects won by the business, but would also need to know the capabilities and limitations of the technology stack to offer an agnostic approach to the technology to provide advice on the best for purpose, not just sell what is currently being used.
The Technology Director should be able to constrictively and clearly advise clients on off the shelf and bespoke products across eCRM, CMS, e-Commerce, analytics and technology platforms, with the responsibility of creating a delivery roadmap that will be adhered to. The Technology Director will also need to be aware of all of the ongoing and pipelined projects, working with the heads of department to understand where resource will need to be deployed and up-scaled to deliver on the agreed roadmaps.
The company is part of a global organisation and you will have the opportunity to own this part of the business, with the opportunities longer term to work across the globe!
- 10 Years working in a Senior Management position within a Technology Business
- Experience of Agile Management, working with Strong Technology Team
- 3+ Years within a Full Service Consultancy position
- Experience of advisory at CxO level
- Demonstrable Evidence of end to end consultancy at the Enterprise Level
- Planning a roadmap of technology / digital transformation to increase spend
- Understanding of Web and Mobile technology stack, with a preference for Java
- Experience working within an Agency environment
- Understanding of how Digital Agencies work and the capabilities within
- Experience of Delivering High Quality products to tight deadlines
- Experience of resource planning and assignment of a development team