Senior Product Manager – Consumer Journey
XL Engine are working directly with the CPO for one of London’s most profitable E-Commerce sites who are having a change in direction to be more focussed on delivering user centric products and we’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to take a leading role within the Product team, focussed on one or more User Themes.
As the Senior Product Manager you will be working as a big part of an Agile Team in our Head office in London, working in a Scrum environment, reporting directly to the CPO. You will be responsible for running the full product lifecycle from discovery through to release for one or more user themes.
Although you won’t directly be responsible for the delivery of development on your product builds, you will need to have experience of Agile / Scrum to run through the roadmap and backlog with the Scrum Master to get clear estimations on delivery.
We’re ideally looking for someone who can take a Senior position within the product teams, mentoring and supporting the current product teams as we mature the company even further.
You’ll be joining as a really exciting time as we look to take on some of the biggest players in the market and are looking at the Senior Product Manager and the Product teams to come up with new, innovative ideas that will encourage more consumers to buy through us and stay within our ecosystem!
Our Senior Product Manager for our consumer area should come with strong knowledge and understanding of the user journey, how consumers make online buying decisions and an aptitude for getting things done autonomously!
You should be able to demonstrate how you have directly changed products to increase revenue and consumer numbers.
As our Senior Product Manager, you will be working closely with other areas of the business including sales, marketing, supply, procurement and other, so will need to be able to get along well with various teams, be able to influence people to your way of thinking to get things done in the way you need them done!
We are a start-up company that is now transitioning to a SME and have exciting plans for both our web and mobile products and want someone who understands the way an SME will grow and is passionate about building upon an already successful company.
- 5+ Years as a Product Manager
- 3+ years managing and liaising with senior teams and ability to influence all around you
- Demonstrable Experience of the full Product Lifecycle
- Passion for everything mobile and web
- Experience for building consumer Eco-systems within a Web and/or Mobile environment
- At least 5 years of experience in a product management role, preferably in the e/m-commerce industry
- Experience in managing in an Agile Environment, ideally Scrum
- Entrepreneurship — think of your team as a start-up looking to take over the world!
- Leadership qualities and natural authority
- Fluent English speaking and written skills are essential