We’re looking for a Director of Platform Product to take ownership of and build in new services to our Central Platform. Operating a number of brands globally, we made the decision last year to move the back end into a central platform, allowing us to gain more control of our customer services, but still keeping the individual brands unique.
Currently we’re managing around 8 products in the back end, covering all aspects of the e-commerce environment from payments, reviews, logistics and others. What we’re now looking for is a Director of Platform Product who understands managing and growing back end products, but also creating an “eco-system” of services that will be able to be used by all of the current and new companies in the group.
As part of the Roadmap we’re also looking at adding in several other services, some currently in the group portfolio and some new innovations that could be linked to IOT products or other services dealing with connected devices and AI (this would be something to look at building into the roadmap).
As our Director of Platform Product, you’ll be coming into a team of 5 PO/PM’s managing current 8 Agile teams focussed on all of the product areas on the platform. We’re looking to build this up to 12 teams within the next year, which will be built up by you.
We need our Director of Platform to understand API’s and how the Back End and Front End products will connect, as the Central Platform will be used (and you may have to promote) in time to manage all systems for existing and new brands and acquisitions.
- 10+ Years in Product Management, building a clear roadmap for multiple internal products
- Experience managing an Agile product team with a minimum of 5 direct reports
- Ability to turn high-level business challenges and customer insights into product vision, strategy and roadmaps
- Champion a shared vision across the business globally and building an eco-system for your products to be used by brands and stakeholders globally
- Lead, develop and grow the team of existing product managers and owners who are focussed on specific back end streams
- Have worked with a product portfolio focussed on a unified back end, working with improving API’s and connecting central services with a network of brands above it
- An innovations leader, who will look at partners, customer feedback and other ways of improving and growing our back-end product services, creating new innovative solutions to problems known and unknown