We want to expand our search team with an experienced Head of Search; someone who pays great attention to detail and who is always “itching” to improve his or her skills and crafts with the latest techniques.
The company operates a B2B platform that is sat on top of global data silo's within enterprise businesses, allowing users to gain access to their information in one place.
We’re looking to further develop the search team in 2017, currently a team of 2 Developer, we’re looking for a Head of Search to come in and take over the responsibilities, leadership and direction of the team and how Search will impact our products.
As the Head of Search, you should have come from a development background and have a real appreciation for Solr or Elasticsearch. We will be using Elasticsearch as the tool of choice and we’re looking for someone who knows the capabilities and restrictions of ElasticSearch and will be able to take the lead on architectural decisions, advising the CTO on what can and can't be done - and make it all happen..
It's a new role, so there will be responsibility of planning through to execution, hiring people into the team and "owning" this area of the business, so a pretty cool role for someone who's passionate about search and likes a challenge.
To be successful in this role:
- Experience with Elasticsearch/Solr, implementing a new Search system from the ground up
- Full understanding of Java Server Side
- Previous experience in Head of Search or as a Lead Developer using ElasticSearch
- Up to date with the latest updates, changes and moves
- Leadership and Architectural skills, able to lead a small team to do BIG things
- Comfortable working with C-Level and advising on business-critical decisions
- You have experience with PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- Having experience with Machine Learning or big data technologies would be a plus.